Sunday, April 15, 2012

Honestly? Yes, now listen to life unfolding . . . gratitude.

April 15th, 2012

It seems that detachment has it’s time and place; I’m speaking of my blog & me.  My job has taken precedence over the many little enjoyments that I had come to take for granted such as chanting (my Buddhism), spin class/working out, cooking healthy meals and writing in my daily journal (known as “The Word of Chi”).  I guess it wasn’t so much taking for granted but having the time to nurture myself and for once in my life – putting my own needs above that of my occupation and others.  An occupation that has, up until now – always involved enough feathered hats to fill a showroom as an entrepreneur, an owner, and an employer rather than an employee.  I love my new job.  How fortunate am I to have survived such an assault of integrity, essentially lose my business in its entirety and surfaced no less than nine months later with a renewed spirit not to mention, a paycheck that substantially validates my self worth?  My pride and confidence have been replenished like that drought ridden house-plant that you’ve forgotten to water for the past three months; finally receiving an elixir of H20 and Miracle Grow . . . . Scotty’s beyond rehydration and blossoming in Flash Gordon fashion.

Not so much a focus on this person, this overtly accomplished artist, this subliminal entity known as “Chef Scotty”  I’m totally content with my responsibilities as the Regional Vice President of 24 Carrots Catering & Events.  After all, I yearn more to make a difference than to create some consumable interpretation with such a limited median as food.  My facebook is riddled with all of this “celebrity chef” stuff; it’s turned me off a bit to the sincerity of true culinary talent and passion.  Without totally abandoning the marketability of “Chef Scotty” I have turned my focus towards a more realistic approach to my abilities that well exceeds that of the epicurean trade.   I am blessed immensely.  I really, truly couldn’t have asked for a better company to work for; henceforth my explanation in exerting “if I had sent out 1000 resumes, I couldn’t have landed a better job!”  I turned down over forty offers many of which involved some level of ownership – I am happy, respected and able to flourish . . . isn’t that something cherish?

 Earth Day approaches (consequently my 36th birthday); Didn’t I have some higher purpose, some estranged destiny intermingled with that of this rather surly planet?  I did, I mean I do . .  I mean, it’s time I take the focus out of “ego” and step back into a much larger, quantum-like field of vision.  My new job allows for some flexibility in co-creating my position; perhaps I will steer this homo-sapien vessel towards the enlightened course of life?  Destiny, Fate, Change, Adaptation . .  .  Who knows for certain . . . I’ve come to accept without expectation.

My heart swells with gratitude for some many, too many to name but I can tell you this:  life is not about equality of the moment but eternal compassion.  Balance is inherent in all that we do, as such, that whole give and take philosophy shouldn’t be taken so seriously.  Just be.  Be good, be real, be full of love and acceptance and all will unveil its true purpose in time.  I thank Stan for his unlimited patience and steadfast friendship, I thank those of you have not compromised your perception of loyalty, I thank Jonathan (my lawyer) for standing strong (and smart!) in my corner, my family for their constant support, I thank Laurence for kindling my emotional hearth, I thank Norm & Jon for the opportunity of purpose, I thank my “inner circle” of friends that have consumed my fears with unwavering integrity (sheliqua, seth, lisa, johnny, ramien, felix, todd, keo, tyson, joe, jerry, ron, dawn, abel, sammy . . . too many to count) and lastly, I thank my business partner, David Laurent for providing the catalyst for what can only be realized as “Scotty’s personal transition”  . . . for it is often through accomplished loss, that strength surfaces to overcome and become the Olympian of our self-constructed Coliseum.    I have unlimited love for you all!    
With Blessings of Fruitful Intentions,
                     Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment