Sunday, January 3, 2010

There went the NY's resolution . . .

Well it was bound to happen but who would have guessed my third day at blogging and I failed to report. Forgiveness of self is a value near and dear to my heart, henceforth I will make every effort moving forward to enter in this daily journal (I guess that's what this is turning out to be)

My reasoning behind missing January 2nd were clearly do to the activities of a young gentlemen "releasing" . . yes, that's good word for it. Today, I was awoken by my mother flying in from Wisconsin to assist my sister in raising the newly born twins. I was quite pleased to learn that my mother had extended my services as a taxi to a complete stranger needing to travel to the Ritz Carlton in Laguna Beach. You see, the woman that raised me is not the spontaneous type, as a matter of fact, she is extremely conservative and cherishes her "worries". And for that reason - I am quite proud of her; although she could have selected a companion with a little more posh (instead I was "stuck" with a 63 year old financial planner.

After having visited my sister and the new infants, Logan & Lily . . I headed back down to the kitchen in San Marcos and couldn't help but ponder my life, the adorably innocent twins, and a movie that I recently saw at the theaters . . . Avatar. I am certain many of you have heard nothing but rave reviews regarding this Sci-fi thriller in 3-D - and I can authenticate this movie is nothing less than stunning. A true escape for some and yet instinctively and truly it is quite saddening. After all, it closely resembles our past as the conquistadors (our ancestors) of Spain, England, France & Portugal and how they pillaged these very lands inhabited by humans that co-existed with their environment. I have only the utmost respect for mother nature, gaea, earth, home . . and in embracing this new year I am inspirated with the desire to witness great change towards a resolution . . there is a problem afterall . . unfortunately it's us! Tomorrow is a Monday and Monday's always hold so much potential for the actions that follow in the coming days. Have a great week and give Lefty's pizza a try if you haven't already - best pizza I've tasted in town!

with Culinary Blessings,

Chef Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment