Monday, January 4, 2010

Wedding Season has arrived . . .

What a day today! It seems as if the veil has been lifted, the frost is melting and with it a new Spring horizon heralding the comforts of new business . . . business in the form of Southern California Weddings! It happens nearly every year and yet every year I struggle to transition from "walking" to "running" as the Holiday season subsides to the most active interest from brides searching out the perfect caterer to create her dream wedding. And what an honor and pleasure it is . . . sure there is always the occasional bridezilla but they are but far and few between the many wonderful individuals I have come to know personally and professionally in this industry.

While we are on the tone of blessings . . I think it be appropriate that we introduce a few of the other characters make this recklessly, loveably, organic catering company tick.

(while code names are not necessary, the are most certainly appropriate)

"Princess Kakis" is by very nature the operator of this steamship. Guiding with intelligence, precision and logical by every maneuver. Caring most often but certainly able to calculate the most discerning strike when needed. She makes a mean chicken pot pie, adores the color purple and truly deserves a true gentlemen by here side {I probably wouldn't qualify for this role} Without her by my side . . I would forever be the fool!

"Fluff Mister Flex" this gentleman is but a spitting image of me . . . wait, no he's not: he's hairy {and I'm not talking about the head}, a solid 175 lbs of extra lovin, an attitude of defiance {ok - we're similar here} and livin la vida loca! Just the same - he is an incredible chef when he puts his heart to it and that's most often. Loyal, dedicated . . he is appreciated.

"Priceless" and as this very name suggests . . she is absolutely priceless to me probably more so personally than professionally as she provides the daily stability & support that gives me the foundation to reach for higher ground. Much as a marriage - we have our share of petty quarrels but the laughter and love far out weighs and tears shed. This one loves to permeate quality cuisine with ketchup and despises cilantro . . and for that I can never truly forgive her but she makes up for it by limitless loads of laundry & dishwashing:)

Money . . he doesn't have it, make it but he's genuine through and through. Perhaps his secondary name is more appropriate "T-Bone" The kind of guy that you could call at 3am in the morning to fix a flat on your Uhaul and then travel together towards your destination just to help unpack all of your belongings into a new home in the middle of a snowstorm. Good guy, great server and not such a bad bartender.

Mr.Man - Come think of it . . I really didn't have a name for this newly promoted leader of the great culinary family of "ChileCo" But it fits - he's always smiling, always has a great attitude and more than your average man. He is afterall being groomed to be "da Man" in running the front show. A lot of promise with this one!

Well - it' looks like I'll have to cut things off here as I have yet again used up all available space in my writings (first Twitter, then Facebook . . and now my Blog!) - I'm going to have to invent something new. Till tomorrow my friends and collegues.
with Culinary Blessings,
Chef Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment