Sunday, February 12, 2012

Poem: Compelled to Know & Whitney's Light still Burning Bright

“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”
Henry David Thoreau


February 12th, 2012

"Compelled to Know

I know not what to make of my past, the lover that hides behind ivory mask,
Today is a Mentos moment, fresh flavors to savor and smile upon favor,
A perspective no longer broken, the yolk somewhere between over easy and hard-boiled.
I pledge to lead in the wake of your shadow, to follow the tide in ebb and flow.

Why don’t you understand my vulnerability, I’ve shed all and stand naked in honesty,
How can you ignore my affectionate kiss in turning your cheek so?
Maybe it’s me or maybe it’s you, it doesn’t really matter the mood has shifted to blue.
So at last I fall to bended knee and I’ve already forgotten the aforementioned plea.

Let us not pass farewell avenue for fear of such things as a finger torn from its nail,
Clouds for floorboards, stilted beams and shingled rooftops to shelter our dreams,
Lost amongst so many details, the past fading to present as questions are revealed,
I ask you why, when and where did I ever deserve to pay forward in prayer?

You have come into my life and whisked me off my feet,
removed any preconceptions of what this should feel like.
Please set it right, find the missing pieces to my puzzled heart.
I have so much pure love to give, the bullseye beckoning the dart.

There is not a moment within the minute that you’re not taunting my mind,
I think more of your happiness than to follow the obvious signs.
I cherish your laugh, endeavor more touch and yearn for the evening when we can curl up.
Shall I stay or should I go, the bed sheets crumpled from foreplay, I am compelled to know?

A poem by a hopeless romantic,

                   Chef Scotty


No comments:

Post a Comment