Monday, June 25, 2012

Old news, No news . . . still puff & want to be buff

PREVIOUSLY INTENDED POST on 6/12/12

Damn it!  I had just mastered “Blogger.com” and then they slam us with techy-turn-table change;  Just like Facebook and it’s amazingly enforced upon “Timeline” template (which I am proud to say that I successfully abstained from conforming up until last month!).  A non-conformist, that is exactly who I am and yet on this day as I stare at the tender fleshy arm, grinding my teeth, salvating like a rabid possum in a watermelon patch .  . . I will conform, I will quit smoking cigarettes at last.
What was the trigger?  The catalyst from which some mental neuron finally snapped into it’s proper socket allocating the necessary serotonin to promote “au natural happiness” in place of it’s Indiana raised tobacco and subsequent nitrates, preservatives, fertilizers and other chemical candies of the addictive sort.   And no, it wasn’t for some date to impress or a client of influential status . . but it was Tom Whitman & Kyle (his bf) with their perfect white teeth matching my friends perfectly bleached linen shirt.  There comes a point where you either need to toxify the white in your eyes or bleach out the damn teeth -  everyone really needs to match at such close proximity.

The other factor . . cost.  Tired of it, really . . . that’s $6 a day, times 30 days for a minimum $180.  Health comes in last as a priority (sadly-my lawsuit stress superseded the vegan lung). 

It's June 25th now, I didn't quit for more than 3 days.  Screw it.  I enjoy for the moment and there's enough peripheral chaos going on in my life to validate the consumption of 20 cancer sticks a day.  Tomorrow I will go to the gym.  I highly expect a bolt of lightening to strike me down dead upon entering.  The Bstrds have made their money off me these last few months without so much as me thinking about Spin class.  Trade the bad for the good = balance???  Good enough enough for me as I snarf down some dark chocolate coated pretzels (oh, but I did have a wild rocket salad for lunch . . . there's that balance again).

What are everyone's thoughts on the cigar/tobacco pairing when it comes to food??  Sort of goes with the whole coffee encrusted, cocoa nib theme and sincerely has a place in my heart.  But then again, I'm biased when it comes to caramelized shallot-cocoa nib encrusted Denver lambchop spoiled by a sangiovese a la Kona coffee demi-glace.  Thoughts?  Interaction?  Convesation?  Or world of one word by Chef Scotty?

with Culinary Blessings,

                               Chef Scotty

1 comment:

  1. Give up the ciggies Scotty, you can do it- use patches, they help beyond belief. Keep up the good gym work, you'll be a picture of health before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete