Saturday, October 29, 2011

The requisition of oneself - going within.

Not entirely sure what that title means but it makes one ponder . . and that is exactly the state that I have found myself lately. At last, the blogging shall begin:

October 29th, 2011

An inspiring day of warm sunshine bestowed upon me as I wrestled with deeply rooted dreams of a rattlesnake taped to my arm, stolen hot dogs & unattainable taxis. 11:38 and I finally carve my latent body from the sheets & stumble in the direction of the French Press. The day beckons my morning (now afternoon) chant of "Nam myoho renge kyo/" re-writing my bio for an upcoming Agape 25yr celebration event (I am to judge the desserts as a "celebrity chef"), creating some organizational structuring for an upcoming high-end charitable catering event (check out www.theBeautyBook.org) and partaking on a culinary experience at the Tasting Room ..wait scratch that - the only reservation available was 9:30pm!

Recent events in my life (namely the third major transformational moment of my adulthood life) have birthed a renewed outlook on what I previously perceived to be my life. This journal will facilitate as a means of understanding all sensations of myself as an individual, friend, brother, son, artist, chef and entrepreneur and perhaps enlighten my daily surroundings with a more balanced sensibility. It is my endeavor that this rediscovered integration of living balanced will ultimately allign my desires without conscious forethought . . so far so good . . but this is obviously a lifelong path painted by inquisitive canaries and yielding only the mirage of Oz . . the destination only to be discovered within.

Reflecting back to Thursdays little "Casa Shipley" dinner party (grafting new culinary roots & prescribing to my infatuation with flavors) I realized that I my sensibilities are still a bit off the mark. Playing with too many elements & fairing far from the mark of perfection . . innovation - yes, tranquil bliss on the palette - no. Cuban mofongo duck with plantain/black bean/sheep feta terrine, curried sweet potato soup with pignolia corn fritter, grilled antipasti via baby octopus, langoustino eggroll w/Chinese pomegranate molasses "sweet-n-sour", poached pear-n-frangipane strudel with cardamom goat buttermilk ice cream . . . all too much going on! I must say that all things considered - it was the goat ice cream the championed all other consumables (& created by using a small hand-held mixer to aerate the custard base . . every 30 mins for about 5 hours . . tedious doesn't describe this method but at least the results equated to reasonable fruition). Next thursdays menu demands the practicality of quality versus quantity - better known as "traditional Italian cooking" Reprogramming my little neurons in a multitude of facets these days.

The alarm will sound at 6am sharp tomorrow . . the forecast likely to be a determined respect for discipline:) (meaning I get my ass up, peel my eyelids back with a cup of Trader Joe's cafe & scribble more memories, thoughts & intentions)

with Culinary Blessings,

Chef Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment