Thursday, May 6, 2010

2nd place is 1st to Last


Bopping up and down to a little R. Kelly, hunched over like the Egor and badly in need of a deep tissue massage . . but a bop still the same. Moved by the beat and driven by a desire to be the best which brings me to this title.

My little chef friend last night told me a little saying from his country which I found ironic and true to me and my philosophy (perhaps by fault). The saying goes that coming in 2nd place holds the title of the first person to lose. Navigating the struggles in perfecting my business - I hold true to this . . probably from my upbringing . . Mom and Dad always driving me to be the best that I can be.

Mama's Day tomorrow - Pork is on the menu, maybe kumquat, maybe pasilla chile-plum sauce, maybe pea shoot . . you'll just have to come and see! Then Saturday we have the Mission Hills Garden walk where we're serving up nouveau waldorf wraps, hummiso wraps, Moroccan marinaded Tri-tip kabobs with sun-dried tomato-basil cous-cous, root beer floats, a Sage Mountain Farms Organic Salad . . . good stuff.

Don't stop till you get enough . . I'm so excited to launch "the Journey" cooking classes at Macy's in Fashion Valley. Yeah that's right - I'll have you rocking in your seats and inspired to become the next Wolfgang Puck (but with better hair & teeth:))

That's it folks,

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment