Friday, May 7, 2010

The Walk of Eden

So we have a Garden Walk here in Mission Hills tomorrow and Eden and I just confirmed a Macallan dinner pairing. Henceforth - the walk of Eden. The brain is stunted at the moment and yet all so clear . . I have some big things floating around and as I attempt to tackle it all . . I must turn towards the immediate.

Tonight - mama's day and what will chileco be showcasing but the venerable pig! Picture 5-spiced pork brisket with kumquat, thai basil, pea shoot all served up on an iceberg lettuce cup with some pasilla chile-plum sauce & salted creme.

Comfort cuisine of sorts! Out of coffee and tea just doesn't do me justice.

Scotty

1 comment:

  1. forgot to add that I have some pickled loquats from 57 degrees . . we thought in conversation that they were kumquats but it turned out they were loquats - and I made them damn delicous!

    ReplyDelete