Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kung Fu Meatloaf, Let it Flow or Let it Go, A Call to a Quest


See how he cowers and sneaks, how vaguely all the day he fears, not being immortal nor divine, but the slave and prisoner of his own opinion of himself, a fame won by his own deeds.”
Henry David Thoreau,

Kung Fu Panda II = the lesson of “let the past go to  find inner peace

January 12th, 2012

After yesterday’s blog, I can honestly say that I’m working on that one!  It’s a little bit difficult with a lawsuit that won’t let go, like an annoying, ankle biting Chihuahua.  I’m exhausted from waiting in line and it really, really is time to hit the restart button . . . it also happens to be high time that I buy more coffee beans cause this damn white blossom tea isn’t doing the kick me in the ass trick!

I’m thinking of San Diego, Austin, Marco Island/the Keyes, Melbourne . .  anywhere else but here, but maybe that’s more than just physical location that I’m referencing.  I need more work and I don’t know if I have it in me to rebrand myself up here in Los Angeles.  I don’t know if I have it in me to run the course of another culinary business.  Contemplating the “what if’s” I decided to finally sit down in front of Kuan Yin, break out the prayer beads and chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo . . . five minutes into my mediation and who should call, but the Food Network.  I guess that answers the question of “to Chef or not to Chef!”

I haven’t called them back yet, better judgment telling me that I need to walk down to Z café and order a stiff espresso first.  Mr. Wilson has been so damn patient with me and my lethargic corpse of an excuse for a human being , he calmly suggests “maybe you should just try to do something, anything would be something.”  It’s true, I’ve let the evil one get to me as of recent and I’d be content to take up a tax-free occupation as a West Hollywood gigolo at the moment . . . but this moment will eventually pass and I’ll find my way back to a faith of loving freely, living fully and cooking passionately. 

Have you ever tried consuming this psyllium husk crap!  It’s like drinking mucus as it binds up whatever liquid solvent it is combined with. Viscous doesn’t even begin to describe this God awful concoction.  I figure if I can’t detox from my soon to be ex-business partner I might as well purify my body.  Maybe I’ll make the walk to the gym today . . . twelve blocks seems like a long ways right now, so maybe I’ll just start with stepping out for that steaming cup of espresso and perhaps meander a few additional blocks in pursuit of another pack of cigs.  Did I say something about detox?  Maybe I'll make meatloaf for dinner.

With Culinary Blessings,
                      Chef Scotty 
  
MEATLOAF = homey, mushy, nostalgic, ketchup, mixed up mess!

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup dried bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1/3 cup ketchup
  • Now this is just your TEMPLATE for meatloaf . . . what am I going to do???  Tune in tomorrow for the details.
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment