Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fumbling for Figs

 
Reconnecting today, which accounts for collecting kindling or better put – sharing conversation & reminiscing over memories with friends and colleagues.  The weather is quite beautiful here in San Diego . . it pretty much is always beautiful.

It was an early morning, no alarm needed as I called it an early night at 9:34pm (I decided against attending the last night of Eden).  I breezed down the 405 FWY humming to my Ethiopian Reggae tunes and taking in the “Universal Flow”  You know that feeling when you walk into a dark room, unknown to any subconscious memory; carefully proceeding with arms stretched out, fumbling for the light switch?  That’s me right now.  No fear, none at all – halfheartedly content in the dark as my iris dilates and with calculated procession. . I am able to make out the general presence of objects.  Don’t get me wrong – I still can’t see shit . . but I’m working with the variables and making my way forward.

With eyes wide open, I am but a dancing duet of Yin & Yang.  The vibe is glorious and couldn’t be any sweeter (lest this here lottery ticket proves to exponential increase my monetary wealth).  One of my friends sort of called it the other day, “you’re on the verge of returning to you!” I’m feeding my asymmetrical hearth with wedges of creativity, a gentle breeze and gallons of filtered water -  vibracioso bread anyone? (vibracioso: flipping over the top, gyrating results).

Molecular marvels or marbles, or miracles . . . whatever's clever - take your pick & eat some figs (they're in season & I plan on buying a boatload tomorrow at the Hillcrest Farmers Market!

With Culinary Blessings,
                   Chef Scotty      

No comments:

Post a Comment