Friday, August 3, 2012

Elderberry Wishes for a Loving Luna

Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce mixer - I didn't see no Hillbilly's last night.  Born in a po-dunk town in rural Wisconsin, I've certainly learned to meld amongst the rich and famous.  Still Scotty. Still carrying on like I'm surrounded by fields of corn that haven't the slightest clue on how to judge me.

I'm rather exhausted as I wrestled in my 5 ft cot for near two hours before waiving the white flag.  Submission to my insomnia being all to unavoidable, I plopped my down on the my office chair and commenced the beginnings of the menu for Thursday's Grammy cast of all-stars.

. . . Charles Heidseck Champagne is the only champagne that I will drink going forward in my effort-more life!  I shall be deemed biased, even by the Queen herself, as I did cater the Louis Tres experience (with 24 Carrots) 26 days straight . . and yes, each event was initiated with a glass of this Champagne.  I've consumed my share tonight (a meek little half bottle if you will) but I digress - it is the best that I've ever tasted.  On that little tangent - the food is turning out spectacular for tomorrow's event.  I visited the Santa Monica Farmers Market for the first time ever and walked away with a plethora of organic/orgasmic goodies!

If I am to credit myself at all - I do know more than most when it comes to the identification lest alone utiliage (new word that serves it's purpose) of any given rare variety of fruit, vegetable, herb or spice.  "You're the first person to know that this is an Elderberry!"  Just to quote one little farmer.

Here it is - the impromptu menu & I must say thank you to Nick for all of his trust, diligence and dedication as well as Kathy for the Amish "pass it along" Bread Starter . . . God - I hadn't seen that for over two decades . . time to start baking bread again.  Time to rise beyond expectations, self limitations and global frustrations.  Yes folks - I am Chef Scotty and here me roar . . . MEOW!!!!!!

with Culinary Blessings,

                               Chef Scotty

Grammy All-Star Menu
(It's Saturday Now - and I'm must posting what I had written . . . the dinner went great to say the least!  Check out Facebook for some better pictures!!!)

By Chef Scotty

1st Course –Luna Oceans
Moonfish Sashimi prepared in honor of Ricardos recent award as the Top Biz Bash Designer
-Orange Blossom whitewashed Opah with Caramelized Quince
-Opah Tartare with Mexican Gherkin-Satsuma Tangerine Salsina
-Jasmine Green Tea salt Cured Moonfish

2nd Course –Slippery Lobster/Sweet Tomato
Tarragon-Porcini Butter, Lima Bean, Fingerling Potato, Celeriac,  Garlic Confit

3rd Course – Intermezzo
Slice of Life albeit a crafted Cantaloupe Sorbet

4th Course – Fig Luego
Kosher Lambchop, Roasted Fig Mole,  Red Walnut-Mint Cornpudding, Minutina

5th Course – The Colors of Stonefruit
Green Pluot-Frangipane Strudel, White Peach-Lavender Frozen Yogurt, Nectarine, Black Apricot Rollup

6th Course – Cheese, Chocolate & Conversation
Cardamom-Cayenne Chocolates, Queso Garrotxa, Pecorino Piacentino, Vintage Gouda, Local Fruits, Lemon Verbena Shortbread

No comments:

Post a Comment