Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let's say it all! The beginning to ending & back again!

Good Evening my fine folks of now fourteen (where for art my followers?),

As I roll out into 2010, I gaze back and realize we are more than half way through February. Crazy huh? Seems like New Years was yesterday! So much to tell and yet so exhausted but I'm finding comfort in an affordable merlot by Veramonte - it's nothing like the vino I tasted at my event last night (but then again - that was five bottles of wine over 3k in value:) And on that note - let's talk about the best G'damn Filet Mignon I've ever cooked in my life!!! Seared then slow roasted on and off of 200 degrees for two hours. 100% medium rare from exterior to center! Love it when perfection happens in the kitchen.

Ok, so there's a hell of lot going on - might finally be opening that restaurant that we've teased you with over the last six months (not my fault - not the right partners - and not the right scenerios). Stay tuned for that as this blog will really start to amp up in its vocal veneer! This week we have six events with some of them for taking place at/for our favorite SD venues(of course the elite clientel fundraiser types!) We are absolutely thrilled to partner up wiht MOPA & MCASD on these events. On top of that - my father (the greatest man I've ever known in my wee little 33yrs of livin) is in town to meet my sisters new twins . . but as you guessed - I won't be making it up to the OC before his departure. Not with the Paso Robles Wine and Food pairing that ChileCo will be catering exclusively this Wednesday! Enough with work - who's reading this anyways!

What shall we talk about - let's talk about this past Sunday/Valentines Day. I never seem to have one . . maybe once in my years of dating. Why? Not cause I'm an overweight chef, not cause I'm broke, not cause . . (well - lets just say . . that department is more than blessed) . . it's because I work too much and priotize the certainity of success and making a difference in this world above all else. Everyone has their flaws and that is without a doubt one of mine. Could be worse - at least from what I've seen in humanity?

So what did I do on Valentines Day - I got crazy, danced, broke out the leather pants and attitude to bounce and joined in the opening alternative night at Sidebar in downtown San Diego. The night was nothing short of . . well, hmmm . . it was perfect in all of it's many wonders. Sidebar was swimming with the most ultra hip San Diego clientel and I'll end things with Scotty full heartdly making out with a Brazilian Model, a bar bill receipt over $550 (keep in mind - I bought drinks for him, her & it), cabbing home at 4am & waking up stark naked with a smile! Now that's a good night out on the town!

Till our next conversation,

Chef Scotty

1 comment:

  1. You can't just casually mention Brazilian models and/or superawesome $3,000 worth of wine - at least give a little detail!

    Looking forward to the next Social, see you then.

    -Jeff and Deb

    ReplyDelete