Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nightmare on Shun Street


Behold the craziness that lies within my head . . .I used to have regular nightmares growing up. While other kids nodded off in deep sleep - this little sport here enjoyed nightmares of trick doors & fossil remains chased by the one and only Freddy, artfully floating above ravenous wolfpeople werewolves & some verminous unknown thing that would pull me back to the basement . . I was only able to escape whence in a great while. Ahh to be blessed with endless thoughts & "party people" neurons in my head! So this leads me to where I'm going . . .

I seriously can't believe this - hilarious I guess? So my dream . . .

I am living with my ex-wife (which I have none of course)and her new husband as well as my son (again - no son in this man's future). Somehow I have the smallest room in my own house - shafted! As if remembering from past dreams, I notice several holes in the lower wall and attempt to cover them up before he "awakens" (sometimes this has worked in past nightmares . . roll of the di). After having covered it to the best of my carpenter Bob skills (shoving an old door up against it with some scrappy fiberglass insulation) I go back upstairs and yet have a fairly ominious feeling that it ain't go work - he's coming, he's awake . . we're in deep shit.

Sharing these thoughts with my family - I am looked at as some estranged lunatic. They think it's a joke! Then some poor stranger (maybe my state board of equalization representative:) comes shuffling up the stairs . . and BOOM! I grotesque hand goes punching right through her heart with a a sinister laughter. I rush to grab my son and pull him back. A chuckle from down below and footsteps - I move to sacrifice myself and there he is: Freddy Krueger only a much younger Freddy . . kind of looked like River Phoenix with really bad acne. I ready myself for the battle (knowing that I will only lose) and he raises his knife laden hand . . and what's this . . . homey has style - he's sportin Shun Knives! Then I woke up!

As stated - I claim this blog as my journal, my mind, my transition in bettering myself as not only a chef and entrepreneur but as free spirited artist. Happy Tuesday.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment