Thursday, April 1, 2010

Urban Solace, Rejuvenation & Computer Funk

It's AM and I released the gravitational pull and gift of bed at 5:48AM . . good sign that Scotty is getting back on track:)

So last night I opted somewhat willingly to pass on my date (with an extraordinary individual) and instead dine with my employee and his visiting WA parents at Urban Solace. Now - I'm always asked the question: what are you favorites spots to dine and quite honestly I don't get out as much as I would like . . but this joint (executive Chef Matt) always and I mean always delivers!

Urban Solace: We started off with some of their signature biscuits, flaky/buttery every so decadent slathered with a well deserved chunk of butter. I opted to try a cup of the Soup du Jour - Parsnip and while delicious it every aspect . . I actually prefer my vegetable based soups to remain just that in showcasing the elemental bliss and true nature - in this case: Parsnip. My guests enjoyed a Flat Iron Steak with Smoked Tomato Jam, Matt's infamous Chicken & Dumplings and a Jidori Chicken Breast with Caramelized Brussel Sprouts . . as for me - I ventured onto a new selection: Bacon wrapped Idaho Trout stuffed with Spinach & Shrooms. The asparagus was grilled/cooked more than my liking but the trout was amazing and totally fresh . .and lets face it - bacon makes everything better:) The service and staff was exceptional as always - Thanks Matt & team Urban Solace (go check it out on 30th & University)

Rejuvenation: rain and me getting into a rthymn as I read before bed each night, waking up earlier, posting my "songbird" my "culinary word of the day" and writing this blog:) While I might not have as much time on my hands as desired - I becoming whole again amongst all these crazy business adventures.

Computer Funk: This damn piece of crap computer - tried cleaning it myself (something I shouldn't do that is going to control panel and wiping it's PC ass of programs that I don't have a clue what the are!) Why do I have an IT guy that can't handle his cookies when it comes to this computers . . slow, very . . verrrry sloooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Till Manana,
Scotty

1 comment:

  1. Scotty,

    Been a long time Chileco fan, culinary student and IT guy. Can I recommend running Malwarebytes. You can download it from http://tiny.cc/x69k5. Its the free version, install and run a full scan. Nine times out of ten your computer is being slowed my Malware from visting odd and ends on the internet. Best of luck and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete