Thursday, December 8, 2011

Courting Money, Dilema's of Randomomity, Bold Biscuits



My hair . . . haven't conversed with my ex in weeks (I seem to have been drawn to Libras & hairdressers my entire life!), and the hair is not quite sexy, William Baldwin slick back, nor is it that cute, shave 6 years off, short-haircut. It's something in between. Fear not, I'll get it whacked one of these days and in the meantime - I make every effort to avoid the morning mirror and like an infant dodging brussel sprouts .. leap laterally for the showerhead to rinse away my Ichabod Crane shame.

December 8th, 2011

Not a whole lot to report today ... finances are forever I concern as the legal bills bleed me dry. I mean, seriously? How and the bloody f' is any normal human being suppose to scrape up funds in the ballpark of $400 an hour? What's even more loco is that the damn Culinary Schools are charging this puppy-eyed, bewildered children 45k for an education that will make out at a 50k salary (and that's after you've slaved in a kitchen for one salt shake above minimum wage for . . oh - 4-5 years). I'm no expert, but isn't the average education of a lawyer around 160k?

You do the math: 45k in 2 years = max potential of 50k after 5 years
160k in 6 years = max potential of 160k upon graduation

*Please forgive as I'm probably not exact with my figures here (I despised algebra almost as much as my teacher, Mrs. Vaughn with her plump thighs, purple fetish, caked on mascara and . . wait . . was Mrs. Vaughn a Tranny?)

Enough with the muddled money worries! I bought a mega-millions lotto ticket this afternoon so it's all good! I've already put my order in for a 1971 jaguar convertible with a cobalt blue custom paint job. So excited!

Mr. Wilson on the other hand has erected a freshly manicured spruce in the already clutter f'd living room (not totally true - the sacrilegious conifer did force Mr. W. to shove his sorry excuse for an armchair into the dining room (which is now further clutter f'd). hmmmm, how am I to add my wit & yet maintain this sense of Buddhist compassion? Suggestions anyone? Really, these blogs are suppose to be somewhat of an open forum? I promise to be nice:)

Perhaps, my meeting this afternoon with Eric Rutherford "event planner extraordinaire" (whom I met while catering Matthew McConnaughey's 40th Birthday Party)triggered some further anxiety as I rehearsed my most recent past and current disposition - or lack thereof? As a Taurean, we generally regard stability as any random aquatic species regards H20 . . we breath with it! Our strength and weaknesses often associated with stubbornness, determination, strong morals & ethics, disciplined . . hmmmm. Ok - I must fess-up that I was actually born on the cusp of Aries . . . in the Chinese year of the Dragon. (note: no cute furry bunnies, swinging monkeys, two-headed persons . . just a lot of horns baring "king of the hill" attitude).

At any rate, I require some sense of organization, affirmative foundation & following some carefully thought-out plan of attack to properly function. Unfortunately, I've made every attempt to lay no brick boundaries and pave no concrete career path all in anticipation of a global settlement. The resolution evades me and thus forth . . I remain immersed in a cesspool of legal rhetoric Confusion before Conclusion - or is it vice-versa? I'm lost . . let's just get on to the damn recipe.

This recipe really pays tribute to a very nice, New England lady who might have just been a tad bit crazy. Crazy only so much as any other sudo-metaphysical healer type can be . . not a bad crazy, just . . looney - that's a better word for it! I can't seem to remember her name (probably for the best) but she looked very much like Cruella de Ville and favored an obnoxious perfume that uniquely resembled a combination of mothballs, chrysanthemum & sea urchin - needless to say, she never caught me by surprise! She did however bring me these delectable biscuits hailing a good amount of cracked pepper . . I've made my usual Chef Scotty fornications.


PEPPER'SPRAY BISCUIT DOUGH RECIPE

5 cups AP flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tbp baking soda
2 Tbsp powdered sugar (or regular)
3 Tbsp each: caraway, fennel and anise seed, black peppercorn and granulated onion powder- finely ground (or whatever:)
1 teaspoon cayenne
2 Tbsp Salt
1 cup cold vegetable shortening (or if you're ME/use all butter)
10 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
4 to 5 tablespoons ice water

Combine the dry ingredients, spices, salt & such in a bowl. Add the shortening & butter in small chunks and work it in with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, working it in with your hands. Add only as much as you need to make a smooth ball of dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a lightly floured surface then do your thang! (ie: form the biscuits or roll out your pie savory pie dough before baking at 375 degrees)

*recipe used for lobster pot pie crust
*recipe used for pepper biscuits-n-lobster gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment