Saturday, April 3, 2010

18 hour workdays & chi blog a go-go!

In the beginning . . .

There was way more than just basmati rice. Ponder that phrase for a minute . . I don't know where I was going with it - random. So tell me how cool is this - I'm making a churro-baby banana split bar tonight with such epicurean accutrement as:

Rhubarb-Strawberry-n-Thai Basil Salsina
Tamarind-Pipin Apple Caramel Compote
Canela laced Mexican Chocolate Sauce
Peppercorn laced Whipped Cream
Pineapple/Kiwi/Mango Salsa & Fresh Strawberries
Molasses-Ancho candied Walnuts

Excited - I am. This is probably the first event in a longtime that I cooked everything for a client . . if only I can cook - what a wonderful world it would be! By that I mean all of the other goodies that come with a small business.

18 hour work days: Well - I'm not lazy but every so rapidly approching 34 and feeling like hippo displaced in the middle of the Sahara Dessert with solid 34 kilometers between me and the salvation source of H20. Cracked & scrambled beyond reconciliation like my mothers morning eggs (even though that was only on Holidays). But I smile . I laugh . . and I love the pride that goes into what we do, what I stand for and what makes the journey so worth while (I guess that would be profit? Haven't seen that yet but like a kid staring into the window of a candy store that closed 1 minute before arrival . . I can't wait . . always another day)

Chi Blog a go-go!: Ok . . our little family is dragging here with this blog so a little promotion. 1 season pass to the 2011 Social Season for the first person to refer 50 members to this blog . . if you get 25 members to this blog you'll receive a culinary gift package from me personally:) How about them apples!

Have a great Friday - Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment