Friday, April 9, 2010

Balance to Bordeaux at 57 degrees

Good Morning,
So it goes without saying that a little slowing calms the spirit and I feeling a return to . . . myself I guess? This new founded balance attributed to this very journal, reading at night (just finished up "Cabinet of Curiosities" and now have turned towards a book containing the culinary history of mankind), ambien (for my insomnia . . working towards yoga folks!), changes in my surroundings, and mini moments to myself. By personal belief - the universal will reward my self indulgent efforts with more business . . or at least that is my theory. As my previous analogy to that furry little domesticated rodent in it's ball - I still might be trapped in the ball but I'm jogging and no longer viewing the scenery in a twirling whirlwind of Monet like manner . . I can make out most detail as such have some control of my own destiny and direction.

Bordeaux at 57 Degrees: Ok, so they weren't serving up Bordeaux but none the less this is a very cool venue for sipping some vino with friends whether enjoying the rather expansive patio or sitting around the contemporary rotunda bar inside. I sincerely believe this to be the largest wine bar in San Diego and what made this moment so special was the unplanned reunion with one my dearest friends . . Ms. MBQ & Handsome Hugh. Many of you (ok - again I'm kind of chatting with myself here) would recognize this beautiful lady by her impeccable dress, sophisticated demeanor with comforting Ohio born undertones & most certainly that perfectly quafted scarlet rouge hair. After playing catch up with this two outstanding citizens of San Diego my Ms. Inta and I headed to Shakespeare's Pub . .

What did this culinarian snob order . . kidney-steak pie folks with a side of Coleman's spicy mustard. Yeah, that's right - great food is great food and this was nothing short of fantastic English comfort food all the more better in washing in down with deep dark beer (I'll be damned if I can remember the name - typical English though). Our service was . . well English hospitality - she wasn't sexy by any means; more like upgraded Denny's waitress -a motherly sort with a bit of wit and casualness in her delivery. Good times all around . . returned home to find a container of homemade molasses cookies sitting on my porch. A little thank you from Elaine & Bob (my ever so complacent neighbor's) for dropping off dinner last week. This world has hope afterall!

Happy Friday - Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment