Friday, April 2, 2010

Tamales del Cielo, Easter Thoughts, Peace

As many of you are aware . . the name is ChileCo Catering and it is just that for a reason . . I love the balance and harmony of Chile. What an exceptional culinary component when compared to say . . okra, eggplant, banana - this little guys can add just the right touch to magnify other essential oils/arromas . . flavors in creating a more sultry dish.

Tamales: So the fusion wedding tomorrow is something of a bit of works - Mexican from scratch with things like - Blackened Salmon Mini Burritos with Cajun Dirty Rice & Blackberry-Wild Sage Coulis and Chipotle salt cured Sake Sushi with Nopale, Star Anise laced Plum Sauce and .. maybe pea shoots (haven't finished this creation yet). But let me tell you - my tamales are off the culinary chain! Squash Blossom with a squash-roasted bell & poblano chimichurri and spanky masa (boat load of spices) and then there's the braised brisket tamale . . mole poblano from scratch - to die for!

Easter Thoughts: It was my nieces Birthday Yesterday and April Fools Day - love/love/love the fool (first Tarot Card drawn at the first Social in 2008). I guess this is a time of reflection and thanks for what life brings us on a daily basis. While I haven't made it to Church in a long time - I was raised a catholic boy and performed as an alterboy (hard to imagine I know!). Get off the tosh and make those colored eggs with the kids - I'm going to see my sisters newborns and cook up some family style grub.

Peace: Peace of mind - the ultimate search within ones soul and sharing that enriched understanding of oneself with the world. Let's make it a better one shall we!

with Culinary Blessings,

Chef Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment