Thursday, April 8, 2010

Up in the Air

Morning to y'all,
So this entry really hits home - quite literally as a simple movie triggered a movement within my soul. Working countless hours . . sprinting like a little cracked out hamster in his plastic atrium ball . . going everywhere and yet in expending every ounce of energy not really able to control of the course.

Up in the Air: So this movie is what I sat down and watched last night while synonymously consuming a good portion of Haagen Daez Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream . . let's talk about that for moment

The vanilla ice cream itself flawless with chocolate chips embedded into its creamy, dreamy frozen custard. And those damn bits of cookie dough which didn't actually contain the chocolate chips and I'm willing to bet no flour. Just little decadent nuggets of brown sugar laced with vanilla - perfection. There was a day when I was a Ben & Jerry's man but since getting bought out in (I think 2000) the quality and flavors have plummeted . . for me personally - my loyalty dissipated with the eviction of my favorite flavor "rainforest crunch" a decadent brazil-cashew nut brittle ice cream. Hagen Daez remains numero uno in my book as the supreme commercial ice cream & converted many US citizens its heroin like addictive "Dulce de Leche" Kudos Hagen Daez . . no back to the movie.

So for those of you haven't seen Up in the Air I won't spoil things just touch on what resonated with me personally involving the main character Ryan played by George Clooney. Family - I have no partner, hardly participate in my nieces life let alone get their birthday cards/X-mas presents out on time . . instead, I am consumed with a business that saps every moment, every ounce of gusto, every talent, everything from me. Don't get me wrong - I love what I do but as an entrepreneur you are measured by success. And what is success? Profit, Sales, Reputation? In my opinion it is the art of duplication - delivering a quality product or service that is able to be duplicated without anyone individual and at this I must humbly admit - I have failed miserable. But like an morally centered alcoholic - I can at least recognize the issue . . just haven't graduated from the rehabilitation process. Chi Cuisine & the other business endeavors of cooking classes and such are my answer to this duplication concern as my culinary talents can be maximized in garnering profit and perhaps allowing for me to see my family, set down my cellphone, refuse my labtop and embrace a little bit of what I fighting so hard to save - life!

No comments:

Post a Comment