Sunday, April 11, 2010

La Familia by Uker & Brandy Redemption

Obviously from the hour of this journal entry . . things are slow going this leisure day of Sunday. My tardiness however is quite forgiveable as I hosted my visiting brother & sister law from Wisconsin accompanied by my Sister, Brother in Law and 4 month old twins. Logan & Lily are growing up quickly - Scotty actually learned how to change a diaper and get up at 5:11am for "the feeding" (Sounds like a infantile horror movie).

Keeping things short: cooked my filet mignon burgers again (off the hook!) and made a rhubarb-strawberry crisp with lavender infused cream cheese layer. Delicious and Decadent . . butter-walnut-oat crust & topping lovingly layered with the cooked fruit compote (laced with orange blossom honey) & cream cheese layer.

For breakfast - buttered then broiled Bread at Cie Levain topped with baconized-tarragon scrambled eggs with melted Venissimmo cheeseboard scraps (mimolette, bucheorin and some italian peccorino cheese).

Uker - the best card game in my farmboy opinion (invented in Norway I believe) went well as I played with partners and remained undefeated after 9 games . . going out with a loner hand:)

Brandy consumption was at all time high as it always is with the Wagner family. We get the job done through and through in every way of life. So proud of my brother (father of two!) who is the lead journeyman for the number 1 plumbing outfit in Wisconsin . . and then my sister. Enveloping into such the mother with her twins and let's face it - the brother-in-law is a handful all in his own right.

Work now - thank goodness for those five glasses of water last night & a solid heeping of rhubarb crisp to embolden the brandy whirlwind in my gut:) Bloody Mary's . . think not . . but then again the night is young.

Happy Sunday All - looks like I found time for family afterall:)

No comments:

Post a Comment